Thursday April 25th, DOME MUNDARING

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides
brian/5
Junk Test: No
Enter the middle number (7726): 7726

Thursday April 25th, DOME MUNDARING

Post by brian/5 »

Currently plan is to get to Gloria Jeans Ascot before 7:30am to head for Mundaring DOME
This will be dependent on when the ANZAC dawn service finishes.
If I am not there by 7:30am leave without me and with meetup at DOME Mundaring.
Then its the usual DDD to find an open venue for the destination with departure expected to be 9:00am ish.
FYI the Bee has buzzed off down south on a recovery mission.
Brian/5
Digger

Re: Thursday April 25th, DOME MUNDARING

Post by Digger »

Lest we forget.
:|
You don't have to have a long neck...to be a goose

My YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/budgetmovies
(Mongrel Dog Productions)
brian/5
Junk Test: No
Enter the middle number (7726): 7726

Re: Thursday April 25th, DOME MUNDARING

Post by brian/5 »

Heated grips were rediscovered this morning as Brian/5 led Bozo and Ralph on the goat track variant to Mundaring. It was most enjoyable with little traffic, no low sun and an excellent sequence of twisting, rising roads. We were met by Mick S and Robbie to talk about Nullarbor crossings and incidents at Dome Mundaring. Brian/5 led a ride to Toodyay. Bozo’s facebook comments

As we were meeting at the Dome the destination had to be Toodyay and as it was a cool day it needed to be the bakery. With Bozo heading for home it was the remaining four who headed out for the ride. The route out was fairly standard having a short loop into Hidden Valley, Strawberry Hill, down to Mt Helena, Beechina and on to Toodyay Rd via Bailup Rd. A short loop to Goonaring, before Salt Valley, Saltplain and along Folewood into Toodyay. Anzac Avenue was blocked by a police car due to the Anzac march, arriving at the bakery just before rush for lunch. Hot food and drinks all round.

The route home was down to Clackline then back up Chitty to Salt Valley Rd. This road now only has a very short smooth section still unsealed. Similar to Talbot Rd before they finally filled the gap. Down Berry to Reserve Rd, Lillie, back to Toodyay Rd then down Lilydale before saying out goodbyes in Mt Helena. My route home was through Parkerville, Park Rd before continuing down Great Eastern Hwy.

Overcast day so even light, light traffic and no school drop offs
Thoroughly enjoyable day, food, ride & company

Brian/5