2023 wrap up

Club and BMW related
Cookie
Junk Test: No
Enter the middle number (7726): 7726

2023 wrap up

Post by Cookie »

As 2023 draws to a close, we reflect on what has been an amazing year, it was befitting that we kicked off the year with a day trip to Jurien Bay to visit the famous Vincent motorcycle collection, to commence celebrations, of 100 years of BMW Motorrad production.

I take this opportunity to thank the Committee for their efforts during 2023, with time spent toiling away in the back ground to keep the club, and multiple websites, running smoothly.

We enjoyed several overnight trips, including Bencubbin, Geraldton, Border Run, Kalgan, Walpole and Nannup, Thursday Mojos, and Sunday Cats, rides have been well supported with riders enjoying a wide variety of routes, criss crossing the countryside. Annual Airhead rides have been well received and the Sunday Concessional rides are gathering momentum as the Airhead fraternity continues to grow. A huge thank you to the team of members volunteering to plan rides, lead rides, or take on tail end charlie duties, a job well done.

We wrapped up 2023 with the "Ross Currie, Perth 100 Years of BMW event", which required a 100 BMW’s laid out in zipper fashion to create the shape of Western Australia, and all additional motorcycles forming a circle and compass points around the perimeter, the hand made centre roundel was 12m diameter. The event was a raging success and made the Channel 7 news that evening, huge thank you to all involved, a job well done.

The social aspect of the club is strong and evident by the consistent turnout each week, with members enjoying fellowship and supporting each other.

Tuning days at Guy’s house have seen a diverse range of resets, repairs and upgrades, the exchange of knowledge and members willing to jump in and lend a hand has been well received.

Recently, a member celebrated 90 years last week, an amazing milestone, and we can only aspire to be riding our beloved BMW motorbikes into our 90’s like Ted.

A thank you to Auto Classic and Motorrad Garage for their continued support and donation of prizes for club events, this is greatly appreciated.

Turning our attention to 2024, this marks 50 years of BMWMCCWA. The 50th event will be held on Saturday 19th October 2024, in the Golden Nugget Room at Gloucester Park Perth (more details to come).

To all members and friends of BMWMCCWA, thank you for your support during 2023 and I look forward to 2024 with getting out and enjoying the great outdoors on a BMW motorcycle. I wish you and your families all the best for the 2024 year.

Regards
Graeme Cooke
President BMWMCCWA
Regards
Cookie
R1200RT
F650GS
R75/6
Swampy

Re: 2023 wrap up

Post by Swampy »

Well Said Cookie and Congratulations to you also for leading the club and it's members through another great year!

Your commitment and drive is legendry and you have proved to be a credit to your position and an inspiration for others to do good things in the club as we head into the 50th year and more continued success for our future!

Thank You!

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
spacey1

Re: 2023 wrap up

Post by spacey1 »

Another successful BMWMCCWA year. Tick-tock, ready for another 8)

Thanks to fellow Committee Members for working together to keep us healthy (club-wise), above board (compliance-wise) and keeping the show on the road.

Concessional licensing really came to the fore this 2023 year. The future for older BMW Motorcycles burns bright with the increasing number of enthusiasts in our Membership.

And to our President, thanks again for your leadership and friendship this 2023 year.

It's been a year of milestones (viewforum.php?f=11). Milestone birthdays that is, for both machines and men.

Big BMW product launches:

BMW R1300 GS - https://www.bmw-motorrad.com.au/en/mode ... 300gs.html

BMW R1800 Roctane - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5108

Outstanding support from our Membership for all our events makes it all worthwhile. I do get a kick out of our Tuning Days at Guy's. It's been a long time since I've 'touched' petrol. But I'm getting over it...

Tough seeing an old Friend forced to hang up his riding boots for some months to come. Don't forget to include him in your Festive Season greetings and thoughts. Plan a visit at Fiona Stanley to see him. Parking is only $3 an hour. So it won't burn a hole in your back pocket.

Great to see another old Friend and club supporter JD back in the saddle again. His R1250 GSA was released from prison earlier this week.

Member Nurzo who, it is said, reduces the wear on his front tyre by lofting it regularly, also had a substantial time off-saddle. Good to see he's back on his 'plodder' again. Shoulders seem to have taken a beating this 2023 year. Ergo, Dinga also back in the saddle. I'm sure there are others I have forgotten. Well wishes to you all.

Just take inspiration from our nonagenarian (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5126), keep on riding...

Hope you all have a happy, healthy and prosperous 2024 :P

So one last time for 2023, Sunday morning for brekky at Cats? Or one of the many cafes in the proximity.

spacey... out...
Himalayas Royal Enfield Tour 2017; Camp Cook-Off Winner 2017; Kennedy Ranges; Three Oceans Tour Australia; Hyden-Norseman Breakaways; R1200 series final drive repair; Mt Augustus; Bimbijy Station; Around Oz