Thursday 16th May MOJOS MUNDARING -PKMR

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides
brian/5
Junk Test: No
Enter the middle number (7726): 7726

Thursday 16th May MOJOS MUNDARING -PKMR

Post by brian/5 »

Plan on leaving Gloria Jeans Ascot 7:30am to ascend to Mojos Mundaring for a possible 9:00am departure for a ride to duplicate the first Thursday Paul Keller Memorial Ride.

This memorial ride was held 2nd May 2019 with an extract from the forum post listing those that attended.
On what was a rather chilly morning 10 riders gathered for a warming coffee in Mundaring. Pete, Brian/5, Drew, Steve, Chris G, Beemer Dave on a brand new RNinety Racer, Mark 1, Mark 2 with John W also attending.

Unfortunately, Peter Bee will not be joining us.

The first PKMR was to Bindoon Bakehause, subsequent rides all had Quindanning as their destination, initially on Thursday then moving to a Sunday.

Brian/5
Swampy

Re: Thursday 16th May MOJOS MUNDARING -PKMR

Post by Swampy »

And Swampy as TEC who organised the ride!!

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
brian/5

Post by brian/5 »

My appologies Swampy
My error in only copying part of the post and not it's entirely
You were the organizer and TEC for all these rides
B/5
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

No problems Brian, Enjoy the ride today mate! 8)

Swamps
brian/5

Post by brian/5 »

A solo ride to Mojos to meet up with Bill, Nick, Mick, Cameron and Chris x 2. After a discussion on electrical problem and broken ankles five of us departed with the Chris’s opting out.

The route out was across to Parkerville, O’Brien and Salt Valley and Plain roads. Up to the Drummond Memorial Garden & Lookout. Pausing to enjoy the great weather and magnificent view across Toodyay. Discussion was a pragmatic but solemn on life and death. Although we need the rain, we should enjoy each day of the great rider weather while it lasts, as what happens tomorrow may surprise you.

We then travelled through Toodyay but without the original deviation to the Service Station. Up to Dewars Pool-Bindoon Road. The advantage of mid week rides was that it quiet at the Bakehaus for us to enjoy lunch and also very little traffic for the ride.

The ride home was via Chittering Valley with riders peeling off at various point until it was again a solo ride along Roe Hwy to home.

A pity that Swampy did not join us in his usual role as TEC

Thanks Bill for running TEC
B/5
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Hey Brian, I never meant to make a big issue out of this and no apologies needed or required mate!

I didn't go on any rides Thursday as I was saving myself for tomorrows run to Quindanning!

It was terrific of you to commerorate German Paul by leading the ride to Bindoon which of course was the initial destination 12 months after his sad passing!!

Bozo kindly pointed out after that first ride that Quindanning was in fact Paul's favourite ride and destination which resulted in me organising all subsequent rides to that destination!

Hoping for a good turnout tomorrow with maybe a couple of new BMW's joining us on the run?

Kind Regards
Swampy