Thursday June 13 MOJOS MUNDARING

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides
pspencer
Junk Test: No
Enter the middle number (7726): 7726

Thursday June 13 MOJOS MUNDARING

Post by pspencer »

Weather forecast looks ok for a longer ride perhaps to the now greening Wheatbelt. But DDD. Leaving Gloria Jeans Ascot at 7:30am to zoom up to Mojos Mundaring for a 9:15am ish departure :mrgreen:
bigmac906

Re: Thursday June 13 MOJOS MUNDARING

Post by bigmac906 »

Yessss. Do you take PayPal
pspencer

Post by pspencer »

Well the weather was outstanding for a Perth Winter day. B/5, MMM, David P, Ralph, David, Anthony, and Bozo joined me at GG’s and the interesting ride up to Mojos. Interesting firstly the rising sun making it difficult to traverse road works around roundabouts with one witches hat knocked over.Secondly 4 kangaroos on Helena Valley Rd, 2 on road side of fencing on either side of road, young and scared but fortunately everyone slowed to allow them to get to safety. Thirdly the fog/mist/low cloud laying in the valleys of Darlington was a lovely site - 7 degrees C - nature at its best :mrgreen:
At Mojos Mick, Lou, N Nick and Goldie joined us. I thought the weather suited a longer run to Wongan Hills and as usual nobody objected, is that DDD?. The team, minus Bozo headed off through Stoneville, Chidlow out onto Toodyay Rd. Salt Valley and Sandplain Rds soon had us above Toodyay with fog/mist/low cloud clearly visible along the Avon River Valley - very scenic.
Took the direct route to Goomalling noting the greening paddocks. Toilet break at Goomalling with just enough time for me to check out any new dresses at our favourite Lot 39 Store & Cafe, not really :lol: :lol: Sun shine but low teen temps.
Directly to Wongan Hills where we hit the Café of Note with 11 hungry riders. A variety of food and drinks consumed with positive comments. A huge variety of subjects discussed as we sat outside with the temp around 15 degrees C. Too easy. It is times likes this you realise how lucky we are in this magnificent country with great mates in ideal weather. :mrgreen:
Home soon beckoned so back towards Northam then taking the Meckering Rd with a stop to consume the magnificence of the Wheatbelt and a fuel stop at Meckering. Straight back along the GEH with an unfortunate truck accident at The Lakes causing a minor diversion through the service station.
Thanks to all with special thanks to Mick for some TEC duties and B/5 for some lead duties. Also to Ralph for photo records.
420km covered with another successful Thursday ride. :mrgreen:
bigmac906

Post by bigmac906 »

Great Thursday ride as per usual. Thank you gentlemen
2volts
Enter the middle number (7726): 9781

Post by 2volts »

Interesting. I drove up to Mount Magnet on Thursday morning and stopped for a coffee about 8:45 am at Cafe of Note and thought it would be a good destination for a Thursday ride. I’m glad it turned out to be so.
It was also extremely foggy on Thursday, I assume it had cleared by the time you were all there.

pete.